Wednesday 16 February 2011

Lizzie's Book List

One of my most favourite people in the entire world and most likely a future Prime Minister, Lizzie is next up... Hopefully the first of many, she presents a surprisingly American-leaning first list, but with some absolutely fascinating works. Wonderful contributions!

‎​Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
‎​Keep ploughing through it, ‎​it's a slow burner. It's really amazing actually. Amazing.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

‎​The Group by Mary MaCarthy

‎​The End Of the Affair by Graham Greene
'‎​The End of the Affair' is my favourite ever. ‎​It's genuinely painful.

‎​One Day by David Nicholls
‎​About edinburgh students! Oh also don't be deceived by the marketing. It is NOT a rom com!

Atonement by Ian McEwan

‎​A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
If you haven't read 'To Kill A Mockingbird' you really must. It generally should be compulsory reading for humans. Also, i​It's good for daddy-worshippers! It has THE iconic father of literature. It is the book I wish I'd never read so I could read it for the first time. ​It's not my favourite ever but it is just so unforgettable. Kids should read it. Essential lessons. ‎​And it has my favourite line from literature! [Note: She wouldn't say what it was. Another incentive to read it...]

No comments:

Post a Comment